Instead, use the "4MAT system", based on research by Bernice McCarthy into different learning styles, to present your material in a more engaging way. Some professional speakers, trainers and seminar presenters learn this system as a way of presenting their material. It applies equally well to writing.
The 4MAT System breaks down your writing into five steps:
- Point - You state your main point or purpose in one sentence.
- Why - Tell the reader why they should read on (in other words, describe the benefits of your writing)
- What - Tell them the main points
- How - Describe a process for putting your ideas into action
- What Next - Tell them the specific action steps